Gregory S. Porter, Esq.
After graduating from Bryant High School in Bryant, Arkansas, in 1989, Greg Porter attended Baylor University. There, he studied Japanese and English. He graduated cum laude from Baylor University in 1993, and he was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa. After graduation, he taught English in Itayanagi, Japan.
When he returned to Texas, he enrolled at Baylor University School of Law. During law school, he was a member of the Baylor Law Review. He also participated in mock trial and moot court competitions. Mr. Porter graduated cum laude from Baylor Law School in 1997.
Professional experience, honors and community activities
Following law school, Mr. Porter worked for a large civil defense firm in Dallas, Texas. He also obtained first-hand experience in representing and dealing with insurance companies while working for a multi-national insurance company. In 2000, he moved to Tyler, Texas, where he worked for other law firms and gained valuable experience representing clients in a wide variety of civil cases. In 2013, Mr. Porter made the decision to found his own firm.
Mr. Porter’s professional experience and honors include the following:
- He is Board Certified – Personal Injury Trial Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- He is a member of the East Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (“ABOTA”), and has achieved the rank of Associate. To obtain this ranking, a lawyer must have tried a minimum of twenty civil jury trials to jury verdict as lead counsel. He must also have been nominated, voted on, and approved by the members of the East Texas Chapter of ABOTA. He is also a member of Tex-ABOTA.
- He has also earned a top AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell Register of Preeminent Lawyers. This peer review rating is a testament to the fact that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
- He was named as a Texas Super Lawyer – Rising Star by Thomson Reuters for the years 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009.
- Mr. Porter is a member of the T. John Ward Inn of Court.
- He is a member of the Smith County Bar Association and the Smith County Bar Foundation.
- He is a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation.
- He is a member of The Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit.
Admissions and certifications
- Mr. Porter has been licensed to practice law by the Supreme Court of Texas since 1997.
- He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas.
- In addition, he is admitted to practice before the Federal Fifth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.